books, books, books, forever
Bought these a while ago and they finally arrived!
So excited to start these soon(ish) :D
I’ve also started but stopped for the time being:
1. What was the last book that made you cry?
"Two Boys Kissing" made me shed some tears, but "We Were Liars" made me cry a fucking river.
2. Who is someone in your life that has encouraged you to read?
My dad. He taught me how to read and I’m pretty sure most of my nerdiness was influenced by him (and my mom is a nerd too ha.)
3. How long have you had your book blog?
A couple of months maybe ?
4. Do you prefer paperbacks or hardbacks?
I like paperbacks better because they are easier to carry around and are more “flexible”, but I usually go for hardcovers for favorite titles.
5. What was the best book you read this summer?
"Beautiful Music for Ugly Children" by Kirstin Cronn-Mills.
6. What is your favourite book? Summarise it in 5 words.
oh god, just 1 book ? ”Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close” - creative, reflective, heartbreaking, poignant and beautiful.
7. Do you prefer stand-alones or series?
what’s up with all these hard questions ?! I love stand-alones because you get the complete story and you don’t have to wait ages to know what happens next. But honestly ? I LOVE series too, reading series is an experience no matter how painful it is. You get more time and adventures with your favorite characters, and in the time you spend waiting for the next books you absorb what you already read about the first book, you think about theories, you meet other fans etc, it’s a slow burn. I like both, they are different experiences.
8. Where do you like to read?
My room = couch and bed.
9. What book have you owned the longest?
A book my dad gave me to start my own library, back in 1999. And I have a lot of books I read when I was in middle school.
10. What is the shortest book that you own?
"Crush" by Richard Siken, 62 pages.
11. What is your newest book?
"Maybe Someday" by Colleen Hoover.
I tag YOU. Yes, you the person who’s currently reading this.